Traverse City Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu - May Be The Right Martial Art For Your Teenager.
Brazilian Jiu-jitsu is taught at the Seung-ni Martial Arts Academy in Traverse City Michigan. Seung-ni has been teaching Brazilian Jiu-jitsu to Traverse City area Teenagers for more than 15 years. Both young gentleman and young ladies have benefited tremendously from Traverse City Brazilian Jiu-jitsu classes at the Seung-ni Studio. Brazilian Jiu-jitsu or "BJJ" is an awesome martial art that offers tons of life skills for Traverse City teenagers.
5 points or life skills gained from BJJ:
1) Self Defense - Traverse City Brazilian Jiu-jitsu teenage students learn the same self defense skills that are taught to the military, law enforcement and mixed martial art professional fighters. Realistic, simple and reliable ... Brazilian Jiu-jitsu teaches teenagers that they can be strong and defend themselves against a violent attack.
2) Confidence - Teenagers often lack self esteem. Depression, trouble at school, social and peer pressure and suicide issues -- are just some of the challenges faced by Traverse City teenagers. The martial art of Brazilian Jiu-jitsu empowers teenagers and builds confidence by letting these young martial artist learn, practice and master impressive self defense techniques. This confidence earned from BJJ will seep into every part of their lives.
3) Self Control - Traverse City Brazilian Jiu-jitsu students at the Seung-ni Martial Arts Academy learn to control their emotions and body through BJJ practice. Anger, temper, lack of patience with themselves and others ... teens in Traverse City struggle with self control. BJJ training instills powerful self control.
4) Physical Conditioning - Video games, television, smart phones are all part of the reason today's Traverse City teenagers are not nearly as fit as they use to be or should be. Traverse City Brazilian Jiu-jitsu training builds a strong body starting with a powerful core. Jumping jacks, push-ups, sit-ups, planks, repeating sweeps and reversals using a human for a training partner is akin to moving a 150 pound barbell around for 60 minutes.
5) Stress Release - With pressures from school, friends, social, dating, etc. Traverse City teens often do not know how to effectively handle all this stress. As parents we know that the stress they will feel will only increase as they get older and take on more responsibilities. If a teenager does not know how to cope they can resort to vices like drugs and alcohol. Brazilian Jiu-jitsu practice is a great way to get rid of all that negative energy in positive and productive way.
Traverse City Brazilian Jiu-jitsu at the Seung-ni Academy may be the right martial art for your teenager. To learn more call 231.932.4300 or check out the Seung-ni Website at seungnitc.com.