child bjj classes at seung-ni
The many life skills jiu-jitsu can offer kids includes discipline of their minds, self-control of their emotions, athletic awareness of their bodies and building confidence thru pride in their actions and accomplishments.
...and most important - bjj is fun and builds great friendships.
Bjj training prepares kids for positively managing stress
Bjj training builds a strong body & strong mind.
Bjj training makes kids bully proof
Bjj training creates essential balance in a digital world
WHAT BJJ PARENTS SAY
Nancy B., Tyler's Mom
Joining the kids bjj class has changed Tyler's life. He had tried all the sports and never found one for him. The instructors are super patient and positive. Could not be more pleased as a parent.
Greg W., Olivia's Dad
Olivia started bjj at Seung-ni because her cousin was doing it down in Ohio. What an awesome experience it has been! Her self-esteem has sky rocketed.
Hank A., Jacob's Grandpa
I had done martial arts as a young man growing up. And always appreciated the skills it taught me. Wanted that for my grandson Jacob. He can't wait to go to class every week.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. When does the class meet? Every Saturday morning from 11:40 - 12:30pm.
2. How much does it cost? The Child Bjj Class is $77.00 / month.
3. How old does my child have to be to start Bjj? The class is generally for children ages 7 to 12.
4. Will training in Bjj make my child aggressive? Just the opposite is true. Here, children learn how to be kind, polite and patient. And, that martial art techniques are never to be used in anger but only a tool to build their bodies and for self defense.
5. Can my child be successful in Bjj even if they are not very athletic? Yes, most definitely. Martial arts is a great opportunity for kids who just never click in team sports. Bjj develops many of the underlying components of athleticism like coordination, balance and agility thus creating new physical skills and confidence.
6. How do we get started? Take advantage of our Free Intro Class Offer.
Free Introductory Class Offer
Great, so what happens next???
1. Just fill out the quick form below or give us a call at 932-4300.
2. One of our instructors will email or call you to schedule the FREE introductory bjj class for your child.
3. Please try to arrive 10 minutes early so that you can meet the staff and fill out a new visitor form. We will get your child set up with a loaner gi (woven cotton jacket and pants) to train with. They should wear comfortable athletic clothing (t-shirt and shorts). No other preparation -- just come, learn and have fun!
4. A beginning student is always paired up with a student who is more experienced so that they can learn at their own pace and they will patiently help guide them through their first class.
Just fill out and submit for Free BJJ Intro Class
Thanks for submitting! We will contact you within 24 hours!