Martial Arts For Preschool Age Children - Fun & Educational
Preschool age children can benefit so much from the life skills taught in martial arts classes. Your three year old son is running around the house acting out ninja moves like the turtles. Your four year old daughter is front kicking every board in the garage and doing karate chops on the stryofoam pieces in the basement. Energy to burn and an exciting mind that needs to be harnessed and focused. Martial arts for preschool age children is one of the most popular activities available for parents looking to provide their kids a positive learning environment.
Three and four year old preschoolers need a martial arts class that will empower, engage, excite and instill powerful life skills such as:
1. Peer Socialization - How to get along with other kids. Martial arts helps kids get along with their peers. Sharing, waiting their turn, what to do if someone bumps into them, etc.
2. Agility - Martial arts teaches preschoolers how their bodies work. Agility, balance, coordination, timing, strength are all benefits derived from training in martial arts for preschoolers.
3. Burn Off Energy - Childreen seem to have almost a limitless supply of energy. Running, jumping, obstacle courses, board breaking, sword fighting -- all help get the preschoolers ready for bed.
4. Fun - Preschoolers love to have fun. Martial arts like Taekwondo and Karate are packed full of fun and excitement. Let their imagination run wild and become fully engaged in their martial arts training.
5. Patience - Most children lack patience. Martial arts classes reinforce the concept that waiting for others, waiting to master a skill like reading or a cool karate move or waiting to respond when they get angry is a vital skill.
6. Confidence - Children are sometimes faced with a negative world. Often being teased, poked fun at, told "no" repeatedly ... preschoolers need to like themselves. But, you cant give a child confidence they have to earn it. Self esteem is obtained from achieving goals. And, martial arts programs for youngsters has built in goals with the belts, patches and acheivements for kids to gain unshakeable self confidence.
So, if you are ready to get your preschooler in a program that will challenge and build great life skills -- then its time to give martial arts a try today.
The Seung-ni Martial Arts Academy offers Little Ninjas for children ages 3 and 4 and Little Dragons for kids ages 5 & 6. To learn more about the Seung-ni Martial Arts Academy in Traverse City call 231.932.4300 or look them up on the web at www.seungnitc.com