Self Defense - Bullying Is Every Where
Self Defense is the only way to stop a bully. Bullying is the new buzz word for school systems. In Traverse City, "bullying" is discussed, regulated, marketed, hyped...but when it is your child, self defense is the only way to protect their fragile self esteem. Bullying on playgrounds. Bullying on buses. Bullying in the hallways. Bullying at the mall. Self Defense is an ancient concept. But, self defense has a place in today's society.
Traverse City kids need to feel safe. Traverse City kids need to feel that they are not a target. Traverse City kids need to have the confidence that they can deter, stop and protect against unwanted physical violence regardless when and where it occurs. Self Defense training is vital for children who have been or are being bullied to rebuild their self esteem.
A Self Defense program against bullying should include a number of essential elements:
1) Positive Environment - Self Defense needs to be taught to children in a way that they realize it is okay for them to make mistakes in the learning process. At the Seung-ni Martial Arts Academy located on 3 Mile Road in Traverse City, Michigan the Master Instructors teach many Traverse City kids in how to defend themselves. The patient black belt leaders teach the Taekwondo classes in a unique way that allow each child to progress at their own speed so that every class is positive,
2) Functional - Bullies are smart. Bullies art clever. Bullies are ruthless. So, the self defense tools your child learns has to be up to the task. Simple, straight forward and appropriate - the self defense moves must work under pressure but also seek only to defend the threat and never to do additional injury.
3) Fun - Traverse City kids have video games, television, smart phones - countless distractions that could easily replace the time that should be dedicated to self defense training. The Traverse City Seung-in Kids Martial Arts program is engaging, challenging and exciting, so the students cant wait for their next class.
4) Character - To often self defense training for children can become to focus on just the physical response to bullying. The Seung-ni teachers believe in however that teaching the child taekwondo students valuable life skills like Courtesy, Integrity, Perseverance and Self Control only ensures that the martial arts student will have the proper moral compass to know when and when not to use their self defense skills.
5) Confidence Building - The best way to stop a bully attack is with strong self defense skills. But, and maybe more importantly, the best way to deter a bully attack from ever happening is unshakeable self confidence. Children get confidence by achieving goals. Martial arts has built in goals and teaches kids how to learn, practice and achieve mastery of techniques. Can't give a kid confidence, they earn. At the Seung-ni Academy in Traverse City - the instructors' favorite day is black belt testing when the students get to earn their Taekwondo Black Belt.
Traverse City Bullying is here. You want to give your child the tools to stop it. Then try a martial arts self defense course. Call the Seung-ni Academy at 231-932-4300 or on the web at www.seungnitc.com