Traverse City BJJ
Traverse City BJJ (or Brazilian Jiu-jitsu) at the Seung-ni Dojo is cool for all the right reasons. BJJ is more than just a martial arts to many practicing it at the Seung-ni Dojo in Traverse City -- it is a way of life. BJJ students are the surfers of the martial arts world. The men, women and teens training in the Brazilian Jiu-jitsu program at the Seung-ni Academy share that same mindset. Flow, smooth, peace, energy, groove -- surfers and bjj share the same vision and lingo.
The Seung-ni BJJ gym was founded in Traverse City in September of 2001 and since the doors opened its has been the headquarters for Brazilian Jiu-jitsu in Northern Michigan. And, it is way sweet that some of the very first students who wandered into the gym all those years ago are still training today. BJJ is not for everyone maybe -- but for those who seek it out it becomes a new way of looking at life.
BJJ is great for everyone regardless of age, gender, size, fitness and prior training. Traverse City bjj students come from all walks of life and backgrounds. But on the bjj training mats they are a team. And the goal of the team is self improvement. And the competition that does exist if any is - you against you.
What are some of the benefits of bjj training if you live in the Traverse City area and want to enroll at the Seung-ni Gym???
1) Lose Weight -- BJJ training builds lean muscle and helps to cut fat.
2) Friends -- It is remarkable how many best friendships have been made at the Seung-ni Academy
3) Self Defense -- Traverse City BJJ students develop real world self protection skills.
4) Stress Release -- The negativity compiled by the days stresses is positively released through the practice of Brazilian Jiu-jitsu.
5) Improved Energy -- Its amazing how vigorous physical training does not drain the body of energy but actually leaves the bjj student with more than when they started.
6) Confidence, Confidence, Confidence -- Confidence can not be earned and the confidence gained from the practice of bjj can be seen in all parts of the bjj students life.
7 Joy - The pure joy that comes from learning and improving this awesome artform.
Hey, if you are ready to experience these 7 qualities of bjj training and live in or around Traverse City then don't wait, don't hesitate -- stop in to the Seung-ni Dojo Today!!!